This is a guest post by Dr. Vibha Seth, a registered Homeopathy practitioner with 12 years of clinical experience. You can learn more about ADHD help from her by contacting her at her email id mentioned below.
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a neuropsychiatric condition affecting preschoolers, children, adolescents, and adults. With a prevalence of 11%, it is mainly characterized by inattention, hyperactivity and marked impulsiveness in childhood. Although it improves as the child ages, if left untreated, the person will have difficulty in maintaining focus, thereby influencing his performance in various domains of adult life.
Few symptoms of ADHD in children or kids are:
- Self-focused behavior
- Trouble waiting for their turn
- Emotional outbursts
- Fidgeted, hence, problem playing quietly
- Unfinished tasks
- Lack of focus
- Avoidance of tasks which require extended mental effort
- Careless mistakes
- Daydreaming/ less socializing
- Trouble getting organized
- Not listening or taking instructions
How is ADHD treated?
There are many ways that these ADHD related behavioral problems can be dealt with. Here are a few to mention:
- Pharmacotherapy: Medicines are considered to be the first line of intervention, but they may prove to be insufficient alone. Hence, administration of adjunct therapy is recommended.
- EEG Biofeedback: EEG Biofeedback helps you gain more control over these normally involuntary functions using the real-time display of brain activity.
- Attention-Enhancement Training: Training programs to improve a child’s attention span.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: CBT focuses on challenging and changing unhelpful cognitive distortions and behaviors, improving emotional regulation, and the development of personal coping strategies that target solving current problems.
Homeopathic Approach to ADHD
Management of ADHD involves the administration of a series of homeopathic remedies depending upon behavioral pattern the child represents with. This approach is called as”Constitutional Homoeopathic Approach” . It involves a deeper understanding of unique qualities and personality traits such as:
- Child’s feelings and emotions
- His/her likes, dislikes, habits, and responses
- Fears and insecurities
- Sleep patterns and dreams
- Each and every physical condition
Hence, Homoeopathic medicines prescribed after evaluating these details help in correcting and normalizing such personality aberrations without side effects and can be administered over a longer duration, unlike conventional medicines.
About the author:
Dr. Vibha Seth
12 years of clinical experience
Ex Member of THE HEART CARE FOUNDATION OF INDIA
Member of Homoeopathic Medical Association of India
Member of South Delhi Homoeopathic Association of India
Recipient of the Prestigious Dr. HAHNEMANN AWARD in 2018 apart from many more.