Being a mom is entering into an unexplored territory! You had always heard of it or seen others but you come to know the true essence only when you enter it on your own. Being a mom is learning on the job how to swaddle, bathe, soothe, feed and take care of a baby every single minute along with doing the things you had been doing before the baby arrived as in your job, household chores, taking care of the family and the list goes on.
You obviously enjoy your children and feel guilty about being away from your kids even for 30 minutes but you feel but had you anytime felt that you have simply no time for yourself? In the blink of an eye your children will grow and they would want a smart and fully charged Momma who can run around with them, who is updated with latest stuff in fashion, and is full of life.
Now that your toddler development is for 2-3 years or 5 years old toddler and have started going to play school/ pre-nursery, it is the right time for you jump on to do things of your interest and utilize those couple of hours in the best possible manner. We have a few ideas for toddler step which you might like to try out for developmental activities for toddlers:
- Surround yourself with people who can help you through your challenges rather than increasing the negativity. Embrace where you are today and make a plan to make most of every moment. Everything will have its own challenges, embrace them and successfully reach the other side.
- Do something that brings smile on your face and fills your soul – Get out of the house or do some painting, baking or whatever that you enjoy. It could be enjoying outdoors, or simply soaking in a tub. Just do something that will help you feel better about yourself.
- Hang out with friends – It will be a good idea to join some kitty party group or just casually hang out with friends for a coffee. Intent is to enjoy with friends and have some fun time.
- Join fitness class – Weight gain is obvious during maternity and momma got no time for herself to shed off those extra kilos. This is the right time to enroll yourself in a fitness class and come out as a fit mom. You will love it when you will be able to fit in that old pair of jeans.
- Spend time with your partner – After being a mom, it is almost impossible to have alone time with your partner. Take off from your work on a week day and plan for a short and sweet date – you can go for a movie or just chill at home.
- Be grateful – Amidst of piles of dirty laundry, food preparations, toys lying around in the house, pending chores, count your blessings. Being grateful can help you feel better about life in general.
These are some of the pointers which will help you recharge your batteries and make you feel positive about yourself. Being a mom is not easy. But remember, moms have needs, too. If you want to care for your family well, take good care of yourself. Believe it or not, that is what will help lift you out of the fog and prepare you for whatever comes next.
This is the third article in our “Off to School” series. Check out other articles, which might be of your interest.
- 9 Simple Steps to prepare your Toddler for First Day of School?
- How will the first few weeks of school look like?
- How to tackle crying babies?
- Tips to make most of the weekend with your child after a 5 days of school