Introducing your children to yoga at an early age can help them inculcate healthy habits in their lifestyle and set the basis for a fit future. In today’s highly competitive environment, children spend most of their time between school and homework. The extra-curricular activities are also somewhere related to these which leaves very little time for free play. At such an early stage, children deal with peer pressure, fears, insecurities, academic stress.
Yoga at an early age infuses energy and encourages their self-esteem. Yoga offers enormous physical and mental benefits to children. It not only enhances their strength, coordination and flexibility but also improves their concentration and relaxes their mind (how to teach yoga to kids).
- Strengthens and lengthens different muscles of body
- Sharpens the intellect
- Helps control feelings and overcome negative emotions like anger, fear
- Enhances imagination and creativity
- Augments concentration, focus and discipline
- Relieves mental and physical stress. Boosts confidence
- Increases breathing and lung capacity, hence is good for people suffering from Asthma
- Helps in weight reduction
Kid friendly Yoga Poses
It is much simpler to learn yoga in the initial years as children are born acrobats; yoga poses come natural to them (yoga poses poster & yoga positions for kids).
Kids will benefit a lot more with the non-competitive environment of yoga. Parents can practice yoga at home. All you need is some free space and a yoga mat. It can also be a very good family bonding activity. Yoga with children offers many possibilities to exchange wisdom, share good times, and lay the foundation for a lifelong practice that will continue to deepen.
Must read: 7 ways to connect with your child